Monday, May 21, 2012

E-mail from Deanne...^^

Assalamualaikum Wr. Wb.


Have you ever waited for something you're dying to receive? Well, these couple days are my waiting time. I checked my email almost in every single minute, hoping there would be Deanne's reply. After waiting for about four days, eventually there's Deanne's name in my inbox list.


Who's this Deanne? And why am I eager to have her email? Well, She is one of the incumbents of University of Minnesota (US) on Double Degree Program with Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta. Last January she and Prof. Chris came to Indonesia to interview my friends and I due to this program. She as well as Prof. Chris is really forthcoming person. When she conducted interview, the atmosphere wasn't really like formal event. Rather than acted like formal interviewer, she preferred to be like my close friend so that I really enjoyed talking with her and didn't feel nervous at all. She asked me about myself first, followed with the questions about my families and how I love them. Then, I asked her, whether I have big opportunity to join this program or not. She didn't answer it for the first place instead of asking me back. "What's in your mind? Can you see yourself sitting in Minnesota's classroom? Can you see me teaching you in front of the class? Can you feel it?" She asked me. Oh my God, I felt familiar with those words! Those were exactly the same words that my motivator trainer used to suggest me! "If you really want your dream come true, just visualize it! Feel it! Then it'll lead you to the right path on your dream" While Deanne's addressing her questions, the figure of I'm sitting in the classroom clearly took place in my mind. Even I could feel it! I could hear the crowded, smell the newly cut-grass. So, I say "yes" to her. She smiled at me and said "See, you've had your answer" Then asked me again, "Have you ever taken IELTS test?" "Not yet, but I've taken ITP TOEFL" I answered. She lifted her eyebrows up, and said "Interesting! And how's your score? I shyly said "it was only 510". "Wow, it's good. I'm sure you are able to gain standard IELTS score" I smile and said amen. Conversation with Deanne makes me more enthusiastic in joining IELTS preparation class conducted by UMS. There's something in the way she encouraged me that I believe that I can make it.

After handing IELTS score, I remembered her. I wanted to tell her about this. I also remembered she said that the University of Minnesota opens the chance to 11 students from UMS to join this program as long as they hand standard IELTS score (6.0). I told her that my class comprised of 14 people. What about the three others? She explained that not all students would go to Minnesota. They will rank us from the highest. Then I address one more question about how if the number of students could gain standard score is lesser than 11. I noticed she took off her glasses and said, “I will discuss it with Prof. Harsono and DR. Muslich. But I am really sure that you’d be one of them” Thus, four days ago I sent her email about this. As I told you before that I’ve waited for her reply these latest days. And here is the answer:

Email dari Deanne




I feel nothing but happy. University of Minnesota has approved me as its students. See, even Deanne says that I can stay at campus dorm. WOW!!! Yet, there’s one problem. It’s DIKTI. The one that will pay half of my education fee there is DIKTI. The half rest will be handled by University of Minnesota. Now, my sake, beside on the God’s hand, will also be determined by DIKTI. Several cases of scholarship business handled by DIKTI doesn’t always flow as what you expect. My friends from UMS, mba Syahara, Mba Susi, Mas Giri, and Mas Fitri have to undergo some difficult situation and negotiation with DIKTI (even though they have had LOA from universities they applied) before they can make it there.  

Yeah, I’ve been told that it’s not always easy. But once I decide to fight, then I won’t step back and give up. I’ve done what I should do. I do believe that if Allah has determined that it is mine, there will be no one can stop my way… ^^

3 comments:

Meike Lusye Karolus said...

wow...congrats ya kak...senang banget membacanya....

saya juga punya cita2 u/ kuliah di luar negeri...siapa tahu punya info buat dapat beasiswa nanti dibagi2 ya kak..hehehe :))

Meike Lusye Karolus said...

wow...congrats ya kak...senang banget membacanya....

saya juga punya cita2 u/ kuliah di luar negeri...siapa tahu punya info buat dapat beasiswa nanti dibagi2 ya kak..hehehe :))

Anonymous said...

subhanalloh, ada sang Maha Penentu. Semoga dipermudah. Ttp ikhtiar, berdo'a dan tawakkal. Those are the keys..