Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Confusing BPPS' Distribution

Assalamualaikum. Wr. Wb.

It's May, and our BPPS's still unavailable. How pity. It's been 5 months since the last time it's transferred to my account. My friends and I are curious what is happening. My friends from other universities, who get BPPS support as well, have their cash transferred every month.


Well, it's second semester already. I am on the process of conducting thesis project. Surely it needs money. Volume of books, journals, and other things that I should purchase. I am trying not to sigh here. Yet, I just want to question what happens with this system? I mean education is one of state's responsibility, right? The fund for educational budgeting has been settled on regulation. There's no point that they have lack of fund that they delayed the cash. I just want to know, why the scholarship system in this country is not the same with the westerns? As I know that once they issue the scholarship receivers' name, there will be no need for those individuals to be worried about accommodation and postponed-fee anymore since the incumbents are "istiqomah".

Couple weeks ago, my friends and I questioned this problem to Postgraduate Director of UMS. We used to assume that it's UMS which stood behind this. Nevertheless, the Director denied it that and explained to us that in fact, they hadn't receive any cash from DIKTI. I am confused. If the Director was true, then what actually DIKTI"s considerations for not distributing the fund equally are. Why some of universities have received the fund, meanwhile some others haven't? To make it clear, we plan to go to DIKTI's office for asking the explanation. Hopefully, there will be a way out, amen.

All in all, I don't want to be "soudzon" here, but I really think that there should be improvement in scholarship distribution system in this nation...



No comments: