Saturday, October 01, 2022

Silent Whisper

taken from here







Dear Lord, 

It's me, standing before you. 

It's me, who has sinned greatly and gotten lost many times while seeking You. 

It's me, your servant, and I am now clueless with my life.  


Dear Lord, 

I'm now in this unbelievable state of confusion.

It seems as though I have no more strength in me to complete this stage of my life.

Being in this position has made me feel as insignificant as a speck of dust.

I am at a complete loss for what to do and have no idea how to get out of this rut. 


Dear Lord,

I beg you to look at me, your pimply-faced, wicked servant.

I'm lying here, absolutely powerless. 

I want to beg for your assistance.

But I'm too scared, ashamed, and worthless to even lift my hand. 


Dear Lord, 

I am your servant, and I have sinned far too much. 

To ask for your assistance in this way feels very shameful. 

But I'm genuinely at a loss. 

With my strength dwindling by the minute, It feels like I cannot proceed on this voyage. 


Dear Lord, 

Please let me approach you in my utter lack of shame. 

Give me the courage to come before you as a sinner in need of mercy and forgiveness. 

Because deep inside, I still believe.

Laa haula wala quawwata illa billah.


My dear Lord,

I'm at the end of my rope, sobbing in a puddle of sorrow.

I'd want to raise my hand and ask for your forgiveness and help.

Please have mercy on me.

Allow and empower me to finish what I started by your will and help, amen.


Medan, October 1st 2022.


No comments: